|Home > Teachers > Inclusion
|The Inclusion Team - putting inclusion into practice.
We aim to use this portal as a two-way communication between the Inclusion Team and staff in Hackney schools and early years settings. Whether you’re a SENCO, a teacher, an LSA working with a child who has a disability or Special Needs, or just interested in learning more about the inclusion of children with SEN, we hope you’ll find it helpful.
You’ll find several leaflets and guidance sheets on our ‘Sharing good Practice’ pages. Please send us any ideas you have found useful and we’ll include them on our site.
(Click on the link to visit the Learning Trust’s Special Educational Needs site.)
We aim to:
- secure the inclusion of children and young people with Special Educational Needs/disabilities in Hackney schools and early years settings
- build the capacity of schools and settings to meet the needs of all pupils and their families
- improve the achievements of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and disabilities
- build a close partnership with parents and carers to share information and best ways of working with their children
- offer advice, support and training for staff in schools or early years settings, as well as for parents/carers and other professional groups
- provide an extensive programme of central INSET and training for a range of audiences
- plan and work with other agencies in Health, Social Services and the voluntary Sector to meet the needs of pupils and their families
Ways of working:
- work directly alongside children, teachers, Learning Support Assistants, early years practitioners and parents/carers
- train whole staff groups
- contribute to planning, assessment and reviews
- liaise with colleagues in other agencies eg Speech & Language Therapy, Health, Social Services
- provide differentiated teaching programmes
- advise on specialist resources and strategies